17 Things That 2017 Has Taught Me

11:14 PM


2017 has been a long and full year.

I remember feeling unsettled in January. I spent many nights wondering what the future would hold. Here I was, this new grad driving around Mississauga, figuring out how to perform well on my first real job. I was working long hours in the day and heading to night school to get more certification. I practically lived in the gym and headed to yoga every Sunday. It felt great to work on myself but I couldn't help but wonder if this was all there was to the "working" life. I had no idea of what my life would be like after my contract ended in September, and that terrified me. I waited for what seemed like forever for confirmation about law school. 

The good news finally came in March. 

Now that I'm half way through my first year of law school, I realize that every season of life will feel as though I'm waiting for something. Once one goal is achieved, there's always something else to look forward to. 

I don't really have any new years resolutions, but I am going to be more conscious about enjoying the process. Life is so short, it would be a waste to rush through all of those nameless (but precious) moments that lie in between our breakthroughs.

I have a feeling that life will be changing dramatically in the next few years, so I'm going to appreciate this opportunity that I have to educate myself, stretch my limits, and expand my thinking. To become the woman I've always wanted to be. To travel, to write, to love on all of my family and friends.

17 little things that 2017 has taught me:
  1. How to be a woman of my word. If you say you're going to do something. Do it.
  2. Similarly, there will be some things you don't feel like doing. Do it anyways.
  3. How to be serious about cultivating relationships that last. 
  4. There is so much more joy and fulfillment in life when you share.
  5. In life, you will always be provided with a series of invitations. We have the power to say yes or no.
  6. How to live on my own in a new city.
  7. How to take myself less seriously.
  8. Humble pie is an acquired taste.
  9. How to read more pages in 4 months than in 4+ years of undergrad (thanks law school)!
  10. Everything is for a reason and a season. 
  11. Time heals everything.
  12. Push yourself. Yes, you'll feel super unqualified, but you're where you are for a reason.
  13. Speak life into others. Make people feel good about themselves.
  14. Take it easy on yourself. Things always work out in the end, so what's the point in stressing?
  15. Showing up is half the battle.
  16. After showing up, work hard.
  17. Take more photos. Print them. Frame them. Write things down more. They usually come true!

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Subscribe